Vegetarians love this tasty sandwich that can easily be made ahead of time for lunch the next day.
- 1 cup of canned organic cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 organic red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 loaf of whole wheat bread
- 8 big leaves of organic arugula
- 8 organic basil leaves
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Combine the beans, pepper, vinegar, and oil in a bowl. Toss together so the beans and peppers are well coated in the mixture.
- Remove the peppers from the mix and transfer the beans into the hot pan. Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Place 2 slices of bread on 4 separate plates. Top each sandwich with beans, peppers, arugula, basil, and cheese. Add some salt and pepper and enjoy.