Asparagus is loaded with vitamin K and folate. Serve this superfood with stir fried beans and some organic brown rice for a complete meal. If you do not have asparagus on hand, broccoli works great as well.
- 1 pound of organic asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 a cup of organic chopped dry tomatoes
- 1/2 a cup of organic vegetable stock
- 1 cup of frozen organic lima beans, thawed
- Cut the asparagus into 2-inch pieces.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus to the pan and sprinkle with alt and pepper. Cook for about a minute stirring constantly.
- Add the scallions and garlic to the pan and cook for another minute.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Cook for about 5 minutes then remove from heat and serve.