Combine the amazing nutrients of steel-cut oats with the rich protein and healthy fat of grass-fed meat and you have a perfect meatball meal. Serve with gluten-free pasta, on sprouted bread, or alone for a yummy dinner sure to please the whole family.
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Sea salt
- 1 pound of fresh organic spinach leaves
- 1 pound of grass-fed ground meat
- 1 small organic onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of organic garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 organic free range egg
- 2 cups of cooked steel cut oats.
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees. Coat a roasting pan with 2 tablespoons of the oil.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Prepare a bowl of ice water and strainer. Put the spinach in the boiling water for 30 seconds, strain and immediately dose in the ice. Drain and dry with a paper towel. Roughly chop the greens and put them in a bowl.
- Mix the ground meat in with the spinach.
- Add garlic, onion, and spices to the bowl and mix well to combine.
- Stir in eggs and oats until thoroughly combined.
- Form the mixture into balls and bake for 20 to 30 minutes.