This zippy salad is a twist of the regular house or Caesar salad. The fresh apricots compliment the flavor of the chicken and are an excellent source of dietary fiber, vitamin A and C. If you don’t have apricots on hand, try something else like plums for a tasty substitute.
- 1 6 ounce chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon of freshly minced organic parsley
- 1 tablespoon of freshly minced organic tarragon
- 1/2 a teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 4 cups of organic baby arugula
- 4 cups of organic salad greens
- 3 organic apricots, pitted and sliced
- 1/3 a cup of organic red onion, sliced
- Turn a grill on to medium heat.
- Place the chicken between some plastic wrap and pound it to 1/2 and inch thickness. Season the chicken with parsley, tarragon, and pepper.
- Grill the chicken 4 minutes on each side then put on a plate to cool.
- Combine oil and vinegar in a bowl and whisk together
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and toss to mix.
- Pour the oil and vinegar over the salad mix.
- Put about 2 cups of the salad mix on a plate and top with a few thin slices of the chicken.