Make normal tomato soup much healthier using organic vegetables and fresh basil. Pair this soup with your favorite salad or sandwich, or eat it on it’s own for a satisfying meal.
- 2 cups of organic chicken broth
- 1 cup of chopped organic onion
- 3/4 cup of chopped organic celery
- 1 tablespoon of thinly sliced organic basil leaves
- t tablespoon of organic tomato paste
- 2 pounds of fresh organic tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons of organic yogurt
- 3 tablespoons of thinly sliced organic basil leaves
- Combine the broth, onion, celery, basil, tomatoes, and paste in a sauce pan. Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat of the pan and simmer the mixture for 20 minutes.
- Put the mixture in a blender and open hole fro steam. Blend until smooth.
- Top each bowl of soup with a little yogurt and basil leaves.