Vegetarians will love this meal and the protein it provides as well. Top with your favorite sauce or serve on some pitas for a healthy alternative to a burger. Tamarind is known as a detoxifier, weight loss helper, and digestion aid.
- 1 cup of dry kidney beans
- 2 tablespoons of cashews
- 2 organic garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 organic shallot, peeled
- 1/2 of an organic carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/2 a teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 a teaspoon of coriander
- 1/2 a teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of chopped tamarind paste
- Spelt flour as needed
- 1/2 a teaspoon of coconut oil
- Cook beans on stove until soft.
- Put beans, nuts, garlic, shallot, carrot, spices, and tamarind in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Divide the mixture into 2 and place on a spelt floured surface. Flatten The top of the mixture to form 2 burger shape.
- Melt the coconut oil in a skillet. Fry the burgers in the skillet for about 6 minutes on each side. Top as desired and serve, or store in the fridge.